Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Remember

Whenever I see these.......
and these...........
I am taken back to a time when my brother and I were quite young, and to a place deep in the middle of woods and mooing cows. My grandparents lived in an old white house, way out in the country, surrounded by old mesquite trees and cow stalls and barns. When my family would go visit, my brother and I would head off to the woods to an old cow stall/barn that we decided would be our club house. We would spend the day, bringing in old buckets for chairs, and other odds and ends, to make our club house the perfect space. ...........

now those cookies and cokes are tied to another part to complete this memory........


My Grandmother.
The day would be hot......we would be banging and clanging about, and we would hear her sweet voice calling to us. We would look out and there she was, walking all the way out with 3 cokes and a bag of cookies in her hands. We would happily invite her in, where she graciously sat on an old rusty bucket and shared her cokes and cookies with us........to me....that is one of the sweetest of many memories I have of her. Her name was Pearl. The photo above is one of her when she was 14. I have other photos of her and as how I remembered her, but they are stashed away and I have to do some digging. She passed away when I was 16......... I have missed her since.


Now...........go way, way back in time......what is a favorite memory of yours? A family member...a loved one.....a pet.....a friend???? Does any object or smell bring that memory back to you??
I would love to hear!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar