Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The DVD Collection Keeps Growing

Quite a few of the Hollywood Videos around here are shutting down. They're selling their entire libraries for really cheap. Here are some of the DVDs I picked up the other day.


Old Joy - The first Mumblecore movie I ever saw. Two old friends take a roadtrip through Oregon. This has been on my Top 10 to Own list for a long time.

The Last Detail - The poster for this movie made me never want to see it. Randy Quaid didn't help either. But when I finally broke down and watched The Last Detail, I loved it!

Stuart Saves His Family - This is a terrible movie but I'm an SNL junkie. If they had had It's Pat I would have bought that too.

Coneheads - Like I said, SNL junkie. And Conehead is way funnier than you remember.


Festival Express - Buying this DVD was a personal victory. For six years, I've been waitng, biding my time until I found a copy that was less than ten bucks. Finding it for $3.99 was definitely worth the wait. If you haven't seen this great documentary yet, you should.

A Nous La Liberte [Criterion Collection] - They were selling Criterion Collection films for four dollars a piece! Whitney bought a ton of them. I bought this Rene Clair classic. Whitney bought Criterion films while I opted for Stuart Saves His Family. We're a great couple.

Adam - This played at Sundance last year but I didn't get to see it. But my mom rented the DVD and loved it so I bought her a copy.

The Wrestler - Most of my friends got copies of The Wrestler from me for Christmas. But I forgot to buy myself one.


Searching For Bobby Fischer - I can't tell you how many times I've seen Searching For Bobby Fischer. It was a mainstay in my house as I grew up. That and Sister Act, haha.

Planet B-Boy - Like Festival Express, I've been waiting to find a cheap enough copy. I'm just glad it turn less than six years to find one.

She's Gotta Have It - Spike Lee's first feature film for four dollars and the DVD looked brand new! No scratches. No fingerprints. I doubt that anyone had ever rented it. Great find.

Are the video stores in your area closing down? Maybe it's just a regional thing. Have you found any great DVD deals lately?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar