Several months ago Neicee of INSOMNIAC with a hook
and I were chatting away as bloggers do and we realized we lived fairly close together. When a yarn store/coffee shop opened up in Downtown Tarpon Springs we decided it was a perfect reason to meet. So we set a day aside to meet in person. That got me thinking because one of my favorite bloggers was down this way enjoying the beach, all the way from Chicago. Can you guess who that might be? Well Kate from The Garden Bell of course! I happened to send her a message on her blog hoping she might read it by chance, and tell her where we were going to meet and suggest that she come along. The lovely Kate thought it was a great idea, so we kept the news from Neicee, so she would be surprised!
Look who I found just after I arrived. Kate had made the long drive up from where she is staying, it was soooooo great to see her and meet her in person. And believe me blogging friends Kate looks fantastic, amazing, very fit, she is in tremendous shape!
Neicee arrived just after Kate and I did. I, of course, grabbed her and hugged her then backed up to show her Kate! Boy was she surprised. It was worth it keeping the surprise form Neicee just to see the happiness on her face, and the smile that reached all the way to her gorgeous blue eyes.
Look at these two gorgeous women. We had the best time. We laughed and talked, and laughed and talked. We visited for almost 3 hours and I swear I could have kept going but Kate had to start her long drive back, and Neicee and I had to get back to reality.
The whole time we were visiting the ladies were sending text messages to Pammy Sue of Scotty's Place, their readers kept going on and off so they could read the texts, I just had to get a picture of them with them on.
It was so lovely to meet these fascinating women. You know we all write what we want on our blogs sharing some of who we are, but meeting in person can be a bit strange. You wonder will they like who I really am? It is a bit nervousy to meet, and I think we all felt that way at first, but once you hug, and smile, and laugh it feels like you have been friends forever.
Not only are bloggers lovely to talk to they bring you gifts! This lovely Vera Bradley gift was from Kate. It is fun and colorful just like her. Thanks so much Kate.
And look what Neicee bought me for my new crafting space. It is the most adorable button basket and inside is this darling little mouse sewing on a machine. It looks like a Featherweight to me. Thanks so much Neicee for making my space even better.
I have to say the yarn store is new and needs more yarn, but it was the perfect place to meet up with blogging friends. I am hoping that next year Kate will meet us again, wouldn't it be great to make it a tradition? And as for Neicee it is so wonderful to have her so close, we lead very busy lives but I am hoping we can get together more often now that we have done it once.
So my advice is if you get the chance to meet a blogging buddy, jump on it. It will be even better than you thought, because if you are friends on your blog you already have something in common, the rest takes care of itself.
Have a great weekend.
and I were chatting away as bloggers do and we realized we lived fairly close together. When a yarn store/coffee shop opened up in Downtown Tarpon Springs we decided it was a perfect reason to meet. So we set a day aside to meet in person. That got me thinking because one of my favorite bloggers was down this way enjoying the beach, all the way from Chicago. Can you guess who that might be? Well Kate from The Garden Bell of course! I happened to send her a message on her blog hoping she might read it by chance, and tell her where we were going to meet and suggest that she come along. The lovely Kate thought it was a great idea, so we kept the news from Neicee, so she would be surprised!
Look who I found just after I arrived. Kate had made the long drive up from where she is staying, it was soooooo great to see her and meet her in person. And believe me blogging friends Kate looks fantastic, amazing, very fit, she is in tremendous shape!
Neicee arrived just after Kate and I did. I, of course, grabbed her and hugged her then backed up to show her Kate! Boy was she surprised. It was worth it keeping the surprise form Neicee just to see the happiness on her face, and the smile that reached all the way to her gorgeous blue eyes.
Look at these two gorgeous women. We had the best time. We laughed and talked, and laughed and talked. We visited for almost 3 hours and I swear I could have kept going but Kate had to start her long drive back, and Neicee and I had to get back to reality.
The whole time we were visiting the ladies were sending text messages to Pammy Sue of Scotty's Place, their readers kept going on and off so they could read the texts, I just had to get a picture of them with them on.
It was so lovely to meet these fascinating women. You know we all write what we want on our blogs sharing some of who we are, but meeting in person can be a bit strange. You wonder will they like who I really am? It is a bit nervousy to meet, and I think we all felt that way at first, but once you hug, and smile, and laugh it feels like you have been friends forever.
Not only are bloggers lovely to talk to they bring you gifts! This lovely Vera Bradley gift was from Kate. It is fun and colorful just like her. Thanks so much Kate.
And look what Neicee bought me for my new crafting space. It is the most adorable button basket and inside is this darling little mouse sewing on a machine. It looks like a Featherweight to me. Thanks so much Neicee for making my space even better.
I have to say the yarn store is new and needs more yarn, but it was the perfect place to meet up with blogging friends. I am hoping that next year Kate will meet us again, wouldn't it be great to make it a tradition? And as for Neicee it is so wonderful to have her so close, we lead very busy lives but I am hoping we can get together more often now that we have done it once.
So my advice is if you get the chance to meet a blogging buddy, jump on it. It will be even better than you thought, because if you are friends on your blog you already have something in common, the rest takes care of itself.
Have a great weekend.

0 Yorumlar